Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

vegan silent reflux baby bananas only, how much is too much?

(4 Posts)
Stacie89 Fri 04-Dec-15 15:36:06

Hello all, I was looking for some advice, my lb is 15m and has had severe silent reflux since birth, we are vegan so my pregnancy was spent looking into fruit and veg recipies with the highest nutrient sources, which has all gone out the window due to his reflux, a lot of veg and ALL fruit set him off, he can only have bananas, which he loves VERY much smile but I wanted to see if anyone knew how much is too much, considering he just cant have any other fruit. its devastating because he loves it, but it sets him off sad I tried him with more after he turned 1 but no joy. veg gives him a bad belly (gas,pain,the runs) so ive sorted meal plans which work with him, and just add in supplement powders and he has 3 different vits a day so its not all bad. but How many bananas is too many considering he doesnt have any other fruit? smile TIA xx

ShowMeTheWonder Fri 04-Dec-15 16:00:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eva50 Fri 04-Dec-15 17:52:47

I think you should ask for an appointment with a dietitian who can advise.

MegBusset Fri 04-Dec-15 17:59:05

Yes definitely get to a dietician. Fwiw I'm vegetarian but my DS1 who is allergic to loads of food eats some meat and fish - he can't eat egg, nuts, pulses or many fruits and it would do him no good to restrict his diet further. If he wishes to be vegetarian once he's older that's up to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now