Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Two year old with tooth decay

(2 Posts)
Elisheva Mon 30-Nov-15 20:24:35

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and how it is treated? I was horrified to notice decay in my toddler's teeth recently. I have two older children and they have not had any issues.
We saw the dentist who said that as she was so young and not in pain he would leave it for 6 months.
However I have just noticed a large hole in the enamel of her front tooth - I can't believe I haven't seen it before. I'm devastated.
What can they do to treat her? I will obviously call the dentist first thing tomorrow but I'm really worried about her and what will happen next.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 01-Dec-15 20:13:22

Don't be devastated- you are getting her the appropriate dental treatment and then you can try to follow whatever advice the dentist gives you. Unfortunately some children seem prone to decay even if you are careful with no juice/ sugar/toothbrushing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now