Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice regarding ?constipation-confused!!

(3 Posts)
Firsttimemum123 Sun 29-Nov-15 10:03:22

hi all. I'm so confused!! Conflicting advice has been given - I'm unsure if my 10 month old has constipation. It started about 6 weeks ago when all of a sudden he seemed to start straining and going into the squatting position when doing a poo. He doesn't cry and appears to be in no pain (tummy ache etc) he is always active and has been eating a well varied diet since 6 months. Nothing changed 6 weeks ago that I can think of. He gets plenty of water too In between bottles and at mealtimes.

I've had him on lactulose and movicol from gp but his stools are still the same. Not one explosion type one which I've been expecting?
I am attaching a picture of his nappy contents. Sorry!! Their firm and mostly dry and hardly anything sticks to the nappy just his bum and this is usually between 2 and 8 times a day but it's not peppley so do people think he's contipated or is this just his stools changing as he gets older? I don't want to give him medication if I can avoid it.

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Firsttimemum123 Sun 29-Nov-15 10:05:18

Ps I also meant to say that he can go 7 days without poohing and then has 1 of these nappies. I'd expect more after not going for a week!?!

Ellie2015 Sun 29-Nov-15 10:15:28

Little kids can go on for days without a poon and they might not have all signs of constipation like adults. He doesnt look massively constipated as per the pic but i think u should give lactulose and movicol a fair chance to work ans see if they help. They do take time to work and bring a pattern. U might consider seeing a dietician to see if she can advise u on milk, solids etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now