Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

need advice

(4 Posts)
MumOfOne14 Sat 28-Nov-15 13:18:34

So my DS 12 month old woke Thursday night & long story short I noticed his one cheek was really swollen. So I phoned a Dr & took him to out of hours to see Dr. He didn't have a temp or rash or difficulty breathing. When she looked in his mouth we both seen a Massive ulcer, it's huge!!!! She just said as long as he hasn't got a temp etc then it'll be fine unaided. 2 days later the swelling is still massive & I'm panicking now that it might be an abscesssadI had a breast abscess feeding my DS & didn't have a fever at all!!! Anyone got any experience with ulcers or abscesses??

Ellie2015 Sun 29-Nov-15 10:09:02

Yes I share your concerns. Pls go to the local accident and emergency for a full check up and treatment.

MumOfOne14 Mon 30-Nov-15 17:55:46

They think he has mumps now sad 2 days before his MMR jab! Typical!!!

Ellie2015 Mon 30-Nov-15 19:44:40

Errr..didnt think that was typical but glad u got him reviwed. It would be a shame if its confirmed mumps. U had organised his jab! Anyway, if thats what it is, atleast u know the disease course and what to expect now and in future. Bw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now