Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yo chapped lips

(5 Posts)
Cheesymonster Sat 21-Nov-15 16:02:39

My DD has a very dry flaky lower lip. The reason is she fell off her bike and grazed her chin, nose and mouth. She's all healed now but ever since this her lower lip has remained dry and flaky and she picks at the scabs. I obviously am trying to stop her doing this but should I be putting cream or lip balm on the lip? Vaseline? Or leave alone?

Thanks in advance.

strawberrypenguin Sat 21-Nov-15 16:04:07

I'd probably go for Vaseline if it was me - it's softer to put on that a lot of lip salves and it won't heal if she keeps picking it.

queenrollo Sat 21-Nov-15 16:20:04

i wouldn't use Vaseline. In the short term it's ok, but longer term it can stop the skin producing it's own natural moisture and actually aggravate chapped lips.
Not everyone has it in, but I swear by Lansinoh. I bought some while breastfeeding and it's so useful it's now a staple of my medicine cabinet.

Cheesymonster Sat 21-Nov-15 19:54:45

Thank you both smile

Bumping for any others?

ARichVernacular Tue 24-Nov-15 23:16:45

I second Lansinoh, it's completely inert so won't sting and it works really well on persistent dry patches - have been using it on my DC and myself recently smile It's also pretty gluey so I find an application lasts quite well, rather than rubbing off straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now