Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox quarantine time

(4 Posts)
Lambzig Tue 17-Nov-15 08:11:22

DS, 3 has had chicken pox since last Monday, so today is day 9. He has not been ill with it, just spotty and initially itchy and I wouldn't say it's a severe case, but did have spots over all his body.

I have of course been keeping him in so we don't expose anyone else. His spots have all scabbed over now, but I was pretty sure this usually took two weeks. Is it the two weeks or is it when the spots have scabbed over. Nine days seems too quick? I don't want to keep him in unnecessarily, he is of course climbing the walls, but if two weeks is safer will stick with that.

Arkkorox Tue 17-Nov-15 08:12:39

Dd 11 months came down with it yesterday. Two weeks quarantine sounds quite frankly terrifying!

dementedpixie Tue 17-Nov-15 08:17:54

It's until the spots have scabbed. Health protection agency actually says '5 days from 1st spot appearing'. 9 days should be fine if the spots have scabbed over.

Lambzig Tue 17-Nov-15 10:01:55

Brilliant, thank you. He is so bored, he will be so excited to go back to nursery tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now