Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worried about dc - fast tracked to orthopaedics

(5 Posts)
TryingNotToLookConcerned Sun 15-Nov-15 10:30:53

I've also posted this in chat

I'm a name changing regular as this could out me and if you recognise me please don't say.

My dc has had crippling hip pain on and off since the summer however this became permanent a month or so ago. We've been back and forth to the doctors and told it's transient synovitis however this last trip saw the doctor pull a face and say he's requesting an urgent fast track appointment to the orthopaedic doctors.

Why would he do this? I mean I'm glad he's getting dc seen quickly but now I'm really worried and I don't know if I'm being disproportionately anxious about it or not.

Can I get a hand hold or some words of wisdom please?

I should add I've done the stupid thing of googling because they also are being investigated for abdominal migraines. Google has thrown up some nasty stuff and now I'm even more worried!

skinnyamericano Sun 15-Nov-15 10:36:41

Has she had an X-Ray yet? Or blood tests?

There will be lots of different possibilities, most of which will be nothing major to worry about.

I know it's horrible to be referred, but at least something is being done and you will get answers soon.

TryingNotToLookConcerned Sun 15-Nov-15 10:40:30

Thank you for replying

We have appointments for ultrasounds of the abdomen and xrays of the hips and pelvis which are due to take place in the next 2 weeks so the results will be available for the doctor I would hope.

It's horrible seeing a child in this much pain

skinnyamericano Sun 15-Nov-15 11:32:12

I know what you mean, my DS has an ongoing condition and it's awful to see him in pain.

I just hold onto the fact that it could have been much worse, and it's not life-threatening.

I hope you get some good news flowers

skinnyamericano Sun 15-Nov-15 11:34:33

Also I wouldn't worry too much about the fast track thing, my DC have always been seen really quickly with anything that they've had. I think the NHS is brilliant with children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now