Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ear infection recovery?

(4 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Wed 11-Nov-15 18:24:50

Ds has an ear infection, diagnosed Monday and started anti-Bs Monday late afternoon, he's actually been ill since Saturday though (had croup, took him to Gp for that as he was complaining of chest pain and ear infection was picked up then)
He's been off school all week, he awoke with a bit of a temp last night but seemed to perk up this afternoon....however at about 5.30 he's just laid down and fallen straight to sleep, I was planning on sending him to school tomorrow but don't know if I should now?
How long has recovery taken iye?

Evianbaby15 Wed 11-Nov-15 18:25:20

His bed time isn't usually till 7.30 and he's not one to go to bed early or take naps - he's 6 btw

irvine101 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:46:41

My ds get ear infection often. He normally gets better quite quickly after anti-B, so if he seems ok, I normally send him off to school.
If he goes back to school, I normally remind teacher that he had ear infection, so his hearing may not be perfect. And prepared to be contacted from school to pick him up, just in case.

Witchend Thu 12-Nov-15 14:37:12

Ds gets ear infections.
Typically with him he recovers within 48 hours of antibiotics. Getting better after 24 hours, but still not right. However he's had a couple of resistant ones where he has started recovering and then gone downhill. A change of antibiotic has helped.

However the most likely is that he's going down with something else that isn't treated with antibiotics.

I'd see how he is in the morning. the extra sleep may be exactly what is needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now