Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

UTI symptoms in two-year-old DS - ok to wait 'till morning?

(4 Posts)
HJBeans Tue 10-Nov-15 20:38:44

DS seemed fine tonight outside of not eating much and he also didn't eat much at nursery lunchtime (which is very unusual for him). Then just before his bath he seemed to be in a lot of pain when weeing in his nappy. Passed though and he had a nice shower. Out of the shower, lots of complaint about being very cold and then hot, so took his temp and it's at 37.8 - he's normally 36.5. Now sleeping peacefully. I know these seem like UTI symptoms and that UTI needs quick treatment in young kids, but am I safe in assuming the NHS advice to see a doctor "as soon as possible" means take him in to our GP tomorrow and not to ring NHS24?

Diggum Tue 10-Nov-15 20:49:08

Sounds fine to me.

Calpol/nurofen and see how he goes overnight, then try to catch a pee sample tomorrow (that'll be fun but a plastic bag inside the nappy can sometimes catch a few drops) to bring to GP.

HJBeans Tue 10-Nov-15 21:31:28

Thanks - we'd decided on this too, but reassuring to hear it from you. Find the first time anything new is wrong with him I feel like a brand new mum again and don't trust myself not to miss something.

staverton Tue 10-Nov-15 21:36:35

If his temp goes up overnight and he is unwell, call out of hours
To be honest, I would call them now rather than a bunch of randoms on the web.
Kids can develop sepsis pretty quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now