Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler really panicked after car crash.

(2 Posts)
Emmalkelleher Sun 08-Nov-15 20:38:19

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice for my 3yo. He was in a car crash with my OH 3 weeks ago and although neither were hurt, the car flipped onto its roof and was quite traumatic. He has been quite shaken since and asks me to slow down and be careful when I'm driving. Then on Friday a lady drove into the back of me while he was in the car. He is now in a total panic in the car screaming to stop the car and crying for the whole journey. Almost like he's having a panic attack. I've tried making a big deal of him when we get to our destination. I was also thinking of getting something that would 'protect' him in the car but other than that I'm at a loss!
Has anybody had a similar experience? All advice appreciated!
X

mineofuselessinformation Sun 08-Nov-15 20:44:47

I wouldn't get him something 'to protect him', but would either give him something he enjoys playing with, or try to distract him in some other way (counting lorries for instance).
He's probably feeling something bad will happen to him in a car (he has a point!) and it's going to take him a while to get over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now