Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

esophagogastric dissociation

(4 Posts)
rosielea Tue 27-Oct-15 20:59:01

Hi, has anyone's child had this? It's looking likely for my daughter and just interested in others experiences. Thanks

dratsea Wed 28-Oct-15 06:06:13

<bumps and waves> A posh term for hiatus hernia? I have a hiatus hernia but I am retired, overweight, male and drive on the left so probably not a role model for dd. Perhaps someone in US of A who has had this diagnosis on their child properly explained to them can translate and explain this medical gobbledygook for rosielea?

rosielea Wed 28-Oct-15 08:45:32

Thanks dratsea, I'm very much in the UK, just too much looking at research papers from both sides of the pond.
It's a type of surgery to stop reflux, It's used much less than fundoplications but in someone with severe Dystonia (like my DD) it's likely the more effective option.
I just can't seem to find anyone with real life experience of it to chat with!

dratsea Wed 28-Oct-15 19:55:43

The paediatric surgery at King's is excellent, and they have the interest in neurology, both adult and paediatric, if that is any help in narrowing your search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now