Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

teeth trauma

(4 Posts)
Paden Fri 23-Oct-15 11:30:51

My DS (12) has knocked out his front tooth almost completely there's just a bit left . We have been told he can't get a proper crown done until he is 18 and in the meantime he has had 5 temporary teeth that keep falling out . It's really affecting his confidence now and he may have another 6 years of this! Anyone had a similar experience who can offer advice?

shggg245 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:43:27

This recently happened to my ds 10. Both front teeth - half gone. They've put composites on but they keep coming off. I wasabsolutely gutted as he had perfect teeth.

I've been given the same advice as you, apparently the jaw is still growing and bite changing so I'm watching with interest.

Sorry I can't offer constructive advice but I feel your pain. sad

Paden Fri 23-Oct-15 18:51:10

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear about your DS . Ours was on a trampoline - yours? Does he keep having to have X-rays ?

shggg245 Fri 23-Oct-15 19:03:46

Scooter accident - he's had 2 xrays and the roots are intact and appear healthy. It's annoying when they keep coming out though. At present he's OK about going to the dentist but I'm concerned he will get fed up / anxious.

Hope you find a solution, poor boy. Let me know if you come with any ideas. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: