Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Holistic remedy for glue ear?

(6 Posts)
Newquay Tue 20-Oct-15 10:41:33

Any words of advice? My DS (1 year) repeatedly has a temp, whingey, bangs ear, cries out in night and needs breastfeeding all night to settle. I get him checked out every @ 2 weeks at doctor in case he has an infection and each time they say it's probably glue ear. Sometimes they will give antibiotics but this only helps for the 5 days of the course. My DS of 3 also had this but now has grown out of it. We didn't have grommets despite 1st ent Dr recommending it. 2nd more senior ent Dr said better to avoid grommets if possible. Anyway - a sleep deprived plea to anyone that has found any remedy for glue ear?? Thank you anyone who can help x

Witchend Tue 20-Oct-15 12:37:08

My ds had ear infections from 10 weeks through to 20 months. Every 10 days (with 7 days of antibiotics in the middle).
At 20 months he had his first set of grommets, and it worked a treat. The consultant ENT chap (who's pretty high up in his field) recommended them highly for ds although he's not known for recommending them generally.

FannyFanakapan Tue 20-Oct-15 12:40:46

cut all dairy from your diet and his. give it 2-3 weeks and see if there is any difference. my ds had glue ear - caused by dairy allergy/intolerance. he was able to tolerate goats milk, so thats what we did.

Newquay Tue 20-Oct-15 19:15:59

Thank you for your responses. Definately worth me and him giving up dairy then - worth a shot. And thanks also for a good story re grommets. The endless ear infections are wearing aren't they. Thank you

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 20-Oct-15 19:19:24

My son had repeated ear infections (every three weeks), antibiotics, attempted grommets but only went in one ear as the other was perforated. Diet change and osteopathy helped.

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 20-Oct-15 19:20:00

PS: grommet didn't really help as he still got ear infections.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now