Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Raised creatinine levels, any experience?

(5 Posts)
ditavonteesed Sun 18-Oct-15 18:53:55

DD had a blood test last week for allergy stuff but I got a letter through from the consultant asking me to take her back for further tests as the initial blood tests have shown raised creatinine levels. I know these are kidney function markers (trainee nurse) and in adults can signify diabetes among other things but I am not sure what they are likely to indicate in children. does anyone have any experience of this? Am staying away from both my text books and google as I don't want to scare myself.

PlanetDave01 Sun 18-Oct-15 20:31:04

Hi
Our daughter has bloods and a colleague was able to print the results off me at work. It showed high creatinine levels yet the letter from the consultant said the results had come through and there were no problems with them!!! I would assume that if it was anything to worry about, they would have called us back ( or so I am hoping )

ditavonteesed Sun 18-Oct-15 22:08:18

thanks, that's reassuring

IamnotaspoonIamafork Sun 18-Oct-15 22:12:53

I would guess they want to rule out anything putting the kidneys under pressure, and probably do a repeat test - a sustained pattern of raised creatinine can indicate different things depending on context, but from what you've written I would just treat it as a good thing they are being careful.

ditavonteesed Mon 19-Oct-15 08:21:18

weird thing is she is under a dermatologist so I don't know what they will do with the results as definatly not the right doctor for the problem (if there is one)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: