Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone else have a child with a lumpy head?

(4 Posts)
Simplemind Fri 16-Oct-15 20:51:35

Ds is 8. When he was 3 I noticed that on the crown of his head there is a lump. It's hard like a bone. Flew to the drs in a panic and was told it was where his bones have fused together at the top. Said it may disappear as head grows. It hasn't i don't think but he says sometimes that the area is tender to touch. Was satisfied at the time that it is just the shape of his head but now begining to worry that it could be something else? Is this common? Trying not to google.

Simplemind Sat 17-Oct-15 12:17:03

Anyone?

Oldmum55 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:22:59

Simplemind, you have taken your DS to the doctor who has seen him and told you that it's nothing to worry about. So leave it at that, relax and put your mind at rest. I know how you must feel as I'm exactly the same, but don't let this anxiety spoil your life.smile

PJ67 Sun 18-Oct-15 00:13:37

I took my 6 yr old to the GP a few years ago when I felt a lumpy area on his head. The gp also said it was just the way his bones had fused and people have all sorts of bumps on their heads. Also recently my sister showed me a lump at the back of my 3 yr old nieces head. I panicked s I do get quite anxious about health and made her go to the doctor as it really felt like a big protrusion. Doctor said it was fine, nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now