Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

my 11 yrs old dd with cold hand and feet

(10 Posts)
biglips Thu 15-Oct-15 21:33:42

She literally has had cold hand and feet from birth. I've never thought about it seriously but why is it always freezing??

3littlebadgers Thu 15-Oct-15 21:37:29

Cold hands = warm heart. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it grin

PersonalClown Thu 15-Oct-15 21:37:35

Raynaud's?

I've been cold ever since I can remember. Always worn 2 pairs of socks in winter and gloves from about October.

dementedma Thu 15-Oct-15 21:40:04

Could be Raynaud's. Dd has this and also a very cold nose!

fairyqueen Thu 15-Oct-15 21:42:59

My DD has Reynauds and wearing gloves has become her 'thing' and she loves it. Even bought fancy evening gloves for an event. See a doctor though as a caution.

AMonsterInParis Thu 15-Oct-15 21:46:38

I have very cold hands, feet and nose but don't have Reynaud's! Just the way I am.

Suzietwo Thu 15-Oct-15 21:48:00

Raynaulds is characterised by your fingers and toes (and feet and nipples sometimes) going white and being extremely painful as they 'come back'. They often go through a whole spectrum of colours before reverting to normal. I have it as does my father and some of my siblings. I realised my eldest had it when he was 2 and screamed when he came in from the cold. My other 2 seem to be free of it. It's nasty!!

biglips Thu 15-Oct-15 22:17:21

She can be in the house for hours and they will still be freezing.... Yes I've thought of that cold hands - warm heart... grin. Her nose is warm. I'll take to docs to be sure. As she can have warm hands but not v often.

Thanks everyone smile

biglips Thu 15-Oct-15 22:18:56

Plus she wears socks in bed but her feet doesn't warm up.... She got the hot water bottle on them tonight

biglips Thu 15-Oct-15 22:22:20

I've just read it on the nhs page and don't think its that as it goes from white, to blue and then back to red. My dd's is normal colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now