Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

So my new baby will get the Meningitis vaccine but my toddler didn't

(8 Posts)
Whoknewitcouldbeso Fri 09-Oct-15 21:30:42

This doesn't sit well with me and I'm keen to make sure by toddler gets vaccinated too. Do you think now that GP surgeries have the vaccine available to them they would offer the vaccine privately if I asked? Has anyone chatted to their GP about it?

Thanks

bonzo77 Fri 09-Oct-15 21:41:57

I had our older DCs 2 and 5 vaccinated privately. The NHS GP couldn't offer it to us but we used a private GP.

IamSantaClaus Fri 09-Oct-15 21:42:44

I know my gps don't do it but there are a few private clinics that do it here . (NI)

I had a Google and think it costs around £200 .

Pico2 Fri 09-Oct-15 21:53:10

Our GP surgery didn't offer it privately, but another surgery near us did. It might be worth ringing round.

shewolfroar Sun 11-Oct-15 09:39:20

have you investigated this vaccination? patient info leaflet
www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.28408.latest.pdf

Kanga59 Tue 03-Nov-15 18:12:31

We had it done at a different GP surgery to ours for £240 per child. Costs vary per location but this is the ball park. Your own GP surgery won't do it as they are not allowed to charge their own patients. So ring round the others near you.

GinandJag Tue 03-Nov-15 18:14:49

Are they doing a catch up for older children, as they have done for all other new additions to the schedule?

LittleBearPad Tue 03-Nov-15 18:38:41

No Gin they aren't. Just babies born after 1 May.

I'm considering it for my two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now