Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Helping my 5 year old

(4 Posts)
twinkie81 Fri 04-Sep-15 12:26:34

Hi, My 5 year old dd has had tummy pain and constipation with the odd bout of diarrheoa thrown in for the last 18 months. It has got worse over the last few months. She has no had 3 episodes of severe vomiting without a bug. As soon as her stomach is completely empty she is back to normal again. She is on movicol and has been for 6 months.
Over the summer, after her last vomiting episode, she was tested for coeliac disease, the test came back negative but the doctor suggested taking her off gluten.The change was instant. She had a poo every day all summer (completely unheard of) no tummy aches, masses more energy, interested in eating food again, it was wonderful.
2 days back at school, the constipation is back, the tummy aches are back. I am so disappointed for her, we thought we had the answer. I'm assuming there is something anxiety related going on although she says she enjoys school.
I just don't know what to do to make her feel better, I feel so helpless. She has been enjoying feeling so much better and it's been lovely having my happy little girl back.

Mummytron Fri 04-Sep-15 22:01:03

I'm not sure I can offer advice but didn't want to read and run.
I understand your worries as my little one has struggled with constipation/movicol. Can you go back and see the consultant again? X

amarmai Wed 09-Sep-15 20:32:13

is she reluctant to go to the washroom at school? Maybe worried re cleaning herself ? Perhaps another child had an accident and she is applying it to herself?

Pico2 Wed 09-Sep-15 20:35:15

What has she eaten at school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now