Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Temp of 38.2 after calpol

(5 Posts)
linspins Fri 14-Aug-15 11:25:12

Did who is almost nine, started complaining of a tummy ache this morning. I took her temp and it was 38.4 so I gave her some calpol and tucked her up on sofa. She says she's cold so she has a lightweight fleece on her. I just took her temp again, about half an hour or so after the calpol and it is still 38.2.
Not sure if I should do anything except lots of fluids, rest and monitor?

gamerchick Fri 14-Aug-15 11:28:15

Just monitor. It's not a horrendous temp.. I normally get concerned if I can't get it under and stay under 40.

I probably would take the fleece off and give a quilt or blanket so it can put put on and off at will.

Artandco Fri 14-Aug-15 11:29:00

I think that's fine, that's not really a high temperature is it? Our doctor said we shouldn't give children cal pol unless temperature is over 39 degrees as a small temperature is just bodies natural way of fighting an infection/ illness so to leave it to run its course. 38.2 isn't harmful. Just let her rest and drink

gamerchick Fri 14-Aug-15 11:30:00

Hope she's on the mend soon, it's horrible when they're poorly.

linspins Fri 14-Aug-15 11:38:22

Thanks. I meant to say a lightweight fleece blanket! She's has an apple, and a drink and seems comfy enough. Ds ( 5 ) however is cross we can't go out. Duvet day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now