Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS, pain and discharge

(9 Posts)
AnotherMonkey Thu 13-Aug-15 20:39:10

We are on holiday, will be back in time to get to docs on Monday.

DS has complained that his willy is hurting this afternoon. This eve there is discharge.

It must be bothering him a fair bit for him to have mentioned it.

We do have some ABs in powder form, amoxicillin, which were prescribed ICE for DD. I would ring NHS direct (or whatever it's called now) before giving them.

Does anyone know what this could be and how urgently it needs treating? TIA

Baddz Thu 13-Aug-15 20:40:58

Don't give meds prescribed to another person.
It's at best ineffective and at worst really dangerous.
Phone 111 and get a irons dip done.
Hope he feels better soon x

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Aug-15 20:42:35

Sounds like balanitis.
Do not give meds meant for another person.
Please get to the doctor. My toddler DS was very poorly with this.

AnotherMonkey Thu 13-Aug-15 20:43:52

Sorry, what's an irons dip?

Wouldn't give the ABs without talking to 111. It's just we're out of the country at the moment so can't get medical help quite as easily, but home soon. Wondering how urgent a situation it is, really.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 13-Aug-15 20:43:59

Poor thing, it must be very painful. I'd call 111 and ask if there is a walk-in centre local to you. Please don't leave it til Monday

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Aug-15 20:44:57

My DS ended up in hospital. Vomit. Temperature. Really not well.

ThisNameIsBetterThanMyRealOne Thu 13-Aug-15 20:45:22

Balanitis.

My ds had this 3 times when he was small, it is an infection behind the foreskin, Please take him to a doc asap he will be in pain. Do not give him ab's prescribed for someone else.

AnotherMonkey Thu 13-Aug-15 20:51:11

Again, I wouldn't give him the ABs as explained in the OP without talking to 111 first.

Thank you though for the replies, I'll call 111 and see what they suggest given where we currently are. Poor little man sad

Baddz Thu 13-Aug-15 21:01:11

Sorry on phone!
Urine dip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now