Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox and travel (yes, another thread)

(4 Posts)
messystressy Sat 08-Aug-15 09:59:39

So, my long awaited holiday to Menorca was supposed to be today, however DS came down with chickenpox yesterday. He has had it previously, so went to the GP to be sure who confirmed it and said it looks like a mild dose. He said that it would be fine to re-book holiday for next Saturday - so 8 days from spots. That'll be fine, won't it? It's day two, and he has a few more spots but nothing bad (he has maybe 30 spots in total). It's just the travel insurance are paying out for the first one - doubt they will pay out again! It's our last chance for holiday and feeling desperate (but not that I would want to put anyone at risk...)

ginmakesitallok Sat 08-Aug-15 10:01:53

You should be fine, do you have other dc who might also get it?

messystressy Sat 08-Aug-15 10:09:18

No, my daughter had it about a month ago. As my son had already had chickenpox, I thought we were in the clear...sad Ha, so grumpy about it!

messystressy Sat 08-Aug-15 10:10:14

ps. thanks for confirming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now