Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Would I be overreacting to haul ds off to a dermatologist?

(5 Posts)
annandale Fri 07-Aug-15 13:43:44

ds is 11 (and a half) and is getting on with puberty... he is a bit smellier these days and literally in the last week or so I have looked up to see him covered in small pimples.

We've just been on holiday and our diet nosedived in quality, plus we were camping so there wasn't a lot of washing blush Plus dh is in charge of diet at home and tends to go for whatever is easiest, that's been the case for a long time. I'm thinking I just need to get a grip on the fact we're all getting older and start feeding him more veg and pouring water into him, but I do want to make sure that I'm not ignoring his skin that could make him miserable for years, maybe advice at this time would make him more likely to wash happier??

UrethraFranklin1 Fri 07-Aug-15 13:45:19

Seems a bit drastic for the moment. Give him some useful products and make sure he uses them, you don't need a dermatologist.

annandale Fri 07-Aug-15 14:02:40

Yes. Yes. This makes sense.

Is clearasil as useless as it always was??

Ktmummy1 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:04:32

When I was a young teenager I had pimples and used alcohol based products to dry the pimples , oxy duo pads they were called, cleared them up within weeks. I know alcohol products can be harsh but they're really effective on greasy teenage skin!

UrethraFranklin1 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:24:11

My ds uses an apricot scrub a couple of times a week and a oil free facial wash and moisturiser in between. Best to get them into a good routine early on, boys as well as girls, then it becomes automatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now