Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

accidentally gave baby honey?

(5 Posts)
microferret Mon 03-Aug-15 12:11:42

crappity fuckballs - was in our local grocer's and the sweet old man who runs it offered DD (who is 8 months old) a bit of honey waffle. Normally I wouldn't even give her anything with sugar as she's so young but he was trying to be nice and my overly polite side kicked in. She only had a tiny nibble and didn't look at all impressed so I finished it and then I suddenly remembered about infant botulism! confused Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried?

sanfairyanne Mon 03-Aug-15 12:13:46

nope nothing at all to worry about. i honestly wouldnt waste another seconds thought on this

PerspicaciaTick Mon 03-Aug-15 12:15:06

I wouldn't worry, it is very, very rare. But be aware of potential symptoms over the next month and remember to mention the honey to a doctor if you end up seeking medical help.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 03-Aug-15 12:17:03

I wouldn't give it another thought OPsmile

microferret Mon 03-Aug-15 12:35:37

marvellous, thanks, I was hoping someone would say that! you're all very nice thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now