Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Reluctant Eater

(2 Posts)
AlreadyWearPurple Sun 02-Aug-15 01:52:14

I am concerned about a 6 year old child, who since the age of 2 has never eaten much. He is always given food he likes and a good variety. When he first started refusing food, eating very slowly and never having much at any mealtime it just seemed unremarkable for a 2 year old. It also seemed to always result in a huge batltle between parent and child, to eat more, which was likely developmental behaviour.But now at age 6 with it still going on it seems a bit worrying especially as he is really tiny for his age and the parents just let him get on with it - ie. no battles any more.

As he is not my child I am not sure if there is anything I could do to help. But wondering whether it is anything to be concerned about.

SavoyCabbage Sun 02-Aug-15 04:30:02

So he's always given food he likes and a good variety of food? That seems fine. I don't think to myself 'I hate Thai green curry so I'll have that tonight!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now