Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

lumps on knees??!

(4 Posts)
Twilightsparkle82 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:10:28

Hi, im totally knew here & have been scouring the internet hopinf someone might know what these bumps are on my 4yr old daughters knees. They just appeared last week out of nowhere and are now starting on her elbows too. They're nowhere else on her body & not itchy. Her GP has no idea what they are so just gave her a steroid antibiotic cream, which so far hasnt done a thing. They do seem to be gettingworse & almost merging into bigger patches

Twilightsparkle82 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:13:21

The 1st photo was taken the day they appeared, this is them now almost a week later

penny13610 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:26:02

Did she crawl around outside a day or two before the bumps appeared?
I've seen my DC get similar, might be contact dermatitis that is photo sensitive. Strange but not always itchy.
Keep the rash away from sunlight and keep using the cream.

Twilightsparkle82 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:50:41

No she hasnt been crawling about or doing anything out of the ordinary. They just look so strange cause its quite raised. I put some manuka honey on it tonight & it calmed the redness slightly.
She is prone to excema & dry skin so could be a form of contact dermatitis. Wouldve thought a Dr wouldve know that tho. She just said she had no idea what it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now