Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.


(4 Posts)
Stakzx89 Thu 30-Jul-15 07:52:01

I need to phone docs at 8.30 to tell them i think my DD had worms. Im super paranoid that theyll think im a bad mum, they wont will they?

SweetSorrow Thu 30-Jul-15 07:53:16

They won't care, it's so common. You can buy the stuff OTC from the pharmacy if you'd prefer? Whole family needs to be treated.

TongueBiter Thu 30-Jul-15 07:55:50

You don't need a gp appt for worms! Speak to your local pharmacist for advice on treatment.

MrsTom Thu 30-Jul-15 08:16:29

Go to a pharmacist who'll give you tablets (all the family need to take them). I've got two boys who have had worms two or three times so I hope it doesn't mean I'm a bad mother! Once we found them whilst camping in France and had to ask a non English speaking pharmacist for medication - which, given my woeful GCSE French, was a hoot grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: