Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help me with DD's cold

(4 Posts)
itsonlysubterfuge Sat 25-Jul-15 20:53:11

DD(3) has been waking hourly absolutely miserable. She doesn't know what to do with herself, she's crying and just keeps saying "Mommy". She seems to have a cold/flu/virus. She has a runny, congested nose and a fever. I've given her some Calpol and rubbed some Vicks on her chest. She's so tired and can't sleep. I have her propped up on pillows in our bed, she manages about an hour before she cries for me.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to making little ones feel better when poorly?

magicpuppy Sat 25-Jul-15 20:56:43

Try rubbing Vicks on the soles of her feet. It seems to help even though I can't explain why.

Might she have an earache?

itsonlysubterfuge Sat 25-Jul-15 21:14:09

I don't think she has an earache, I'll ask her in the morning though.

Vicks on soles of feet with or without socks?

thanks for the post.

missmargot Sat 25-Jul-15 21:19:37

Your poor DD. Do you have a humidifier? We have one that you can put menthol in which helps when DS has a cold, or you could improvise with Vicks or similar in a bowl of warm water.

Ibuprofen helps too as it reduces inflammation as well as relieving pain.

Sambucol supplement always shortens DS's colds, although doesn't help with the symptoms as such.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now