Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

7yo not lost any teeth

(10 Posts)
FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 25-Jul-15 19:47:19

Anyone out there had a just turned 7yo not having lost any teeth but it all turned out ok?
Everyone else in his class has lost at least one tooth.

fuctifino Sat 25-Jul-15 19:51:33

Yes, my dd didn't lose her first tooth until she was 9. She is now 13 and her pre molars have just come in.
Like you, I was slightly concerned but the dentist wasn't. He said he could feel adult teeth behind and they would come through when they're ready.

iklboo Sat 25-Jul-15 19:52:36

DS was nearly 8 (and I mean a week before his birthday) before he lost his first tooth. His first teeth were late coming in as well. Dentist said not to worry - it means they'll hopefully last longer!

MamOfTwo Sat 25-Jul-15 19:55:08

My DD didn't lose her first tooth until just after her 7th birthday - she was the last in her year, I think. It had been wobbly for ages - another tooth had also been wobbly and at our dentist appt a short time later he pulled the second one out (got the impression he thought we should have come in sooner to have it pulled). She is now nearly 7.6 and only those two teeth have come out. Does your DC have any wobbly ones? If so, they may just be taking a while to come out like my DD's. Perhaps visit your dentist if you're concerned though to put your mind at rest?

bakingtins Sat 25-Jul-15 19:57:21

DS was 8 and a bit, he is 9 in October and has still only lost 2. He was late to get baby teeth too ( first one 12m)
The dentist was talking about X-rays but then decided he can feel the adult ones ready to come down.
All late teethers in my family my boobs are thankful

MamOfTwo Sat 25-Jul-15 19:57:26

Also love your user name, OP! He is my guru too!

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 25-Jul-15 20:13:53

Thanks guys. We went to the dentist a few months ago and he wasn't concerned. He said there weren't any wobblers yet but he could see a molar tooth pushing the gum behind DS's current teeth, so hopefully that suggests there are teeth below.
It's just a bit weird DS being the only one without wibbly teeth. I guess we'll get there!

And thanks Mamoftwo I adopted the name when I found myself thinking "how would flop deal with this"?!

cuntycowfacemonkey Sat 25-Jul-15 20:19:11

Nope ds2 have shown no signs of even a wobble let alone dropping out anytime soon! Mind you he didn't get his first tooth until he was nearly 2

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 25-Jul-15 20:22:32

DS was around ten months when getting first tooth. Poor child was surrounded by all his toothy friends who could cut through any food and he was left trying to "gum" his way through meals!
You think the worrying stops when they get to about school age but it just seems to pop up every now and then still!

RiverTam Sat 25-Jul-15 20:23:29

My retired-children's-dentist mother says that 6 was the average age for teeth to start falling out, so it would make sense for done children not to start until later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now