Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chicken pox at 10 months - complications?

(6 Posts)
Ithoughtihadthisdown Tue 21-Jul-15 09:12:44

Hi, I am a mum of three and my 10 month old has developed chicken pox (we are on day 6), however he also has d&v and is listless with a mild temperature. my other two have had chicken pox so I know the usual signs, and this isn't it, but how do I know if he just jas two separate bugs making him feel really bad, or if it is signs of complications with the chicken pox?

I have spoken to a GP over the phone who gave me standard advice over keeping him hydrated etc, but that was yesterday when, although he was being sick, he was still happy and smiley. I have since managed to get 300 ml of dioralyte into him, but this morning there hasn't been any more illness, but he is silent and listless, and its really worrying me as its so out of character.

should I just leave it run its course or am I right to be worried?

jamaisdeux Tue 21-Jul-15 09:19:05

I would go to A&E. My DD just has had CP, she is 7 so could express herself more, but within 4 hours, she went downhill rapidly. It turned out it was a bacterial infection.

Don't google, but, it can turn very nasty.

flowers it is so horrible, probably just some antibiotics are needed.

jamaisdeux Tue 21-Jul-15 09:20:23

Also, have you done the glass test on the rash?

sootballs Tue 21-Jul-15 09:21:01

Please trust your instincts and seek further medical help. CP can have complications and they need to be treated ASAP

HeadDreamer Tue 21-Jul-15 09:21:09

I would go to a&e too. Silent and listless isn't right. Like you say, he should just be miserable but still can respond and smile.

jamaisdeux Tue 21-Jul-15 09:37:09

So many CP threads at the moment.
Do children get it more in summer? You are not on your own OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now