Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can anyone recommend a good sunblock for scars?

(5 Posts)
elcarim Mon 13-Jul-15 22:42:31

My DD currently has chicken pox & there will be some inveitable scars.

We are due to go on holiday in a couple of weeks when the scars will be still new. I've read that the sun can make the scars permanently darker and the GP confirmed this today as the new scar tissue doesn't have any pigmentation.

The GP's suggestion was a large hat!

Anyone have any recommendations for a good sunblock? Especially good for covering new scars?

Thanks

TheHouseOnBellSt Mon 13-Jul-15 23:26:24

What about that blue stuff Aussies use? What's it called again...

Ktmummy1 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:48:28

We used Nivea factor 50 on my dd and a sun hat obviously! we have also used aveeno and bio oil. Not sure if it's the thing that's helping or it's the time, but the scars are slowly improving...it is very slow though !

gordonpym Fri 17-Jul-15 04:50:41

The Aussie stuff mentioned is this one shop.coles.com.au/online/national/coles-zinc-stick-spf-30-assorted-colours and you also have it in blue and pink (... and more colors).

Just buy a sunblock stick and not a cream. It's a leave-on. I checked on boots, but couldn't find any. Amazon has some www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A117332031%2Cn%3A248558031%2Ck%3Azinc+oxide+stick&keywords=zinc+oxide+stick&ie=UTF8&qid=1437104956&rnid=117333031

elcarim Sat 18-Jul-15 07:45:25

Thank you for your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now