Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

*photo* white head on 4yo leg. Boils? Staph infection?

(3 Posts)
ilovetosleep Sun 12-Jul-15 19:52:42

I'm a bit anxious so thought I'd post on here before getting to the Gp or chemist tomorrow.

DS fell and grazed his knees quite badly about a week ago. Then about 3/4 days ago a few little white heads appeared on his leg just below the graze. I just assumed they were bites or something and they eventually burst/scabbed over. Then this evening in the bath he showed me there were two new ones, but and inflamed red spots with little heads. They are sore when you touch them but otherwise I do t think he's even noticed them. I'm pretty sure they weren't there earlier this pm so have appeared suddenly.

I'm a bit freaked out as I googled and MRSA kept coming up. Has anyone had anything similar? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Elk Sun 12-Jul-15 19:58:45

Could it be molloscum?

ilovetosleep Sun 12-Jul-15 20:04:13

Hmm. I just googled and I don't think it looks like that although it's a possibility. His spots are much more like pimples that I would get on y face! Molluscum looks more like uniform bumps and less red.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now