Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

best nappy rash cream

(10 Posts)
K8eee Sat 11-Jul-15 19:56:47

dd hasn't really ever suffered since she's been born with nappy rash. I've always used sudocrem when I change her but the poor little thing has got a pretty sore bum and a couple of bigger sores that have developed. I've heard about some of the others that are on the market, but just wanted to see what the majority go with

ExitStageLeft Sat 11-Jul-15 20:19:41

My DD really, really suffered recently, open sores, weeping, cracked skin. It went from "bum a bit sore" to bloody awful in a matter of hours. It got so bad I ended up at walk in with her. Every time she was pooing or weeing it would just make it worse. Dr recommended:

No wipes at all (fairly obvious)
Extreme vigilance with nappy changes
As much nappy free time as is practical
Literally scoop the sudocreme out of the pot and slather on - it has to be a complete barrier or wee and poo will aggravate

Got quickly better doing all of the above

I found metanium to be no use at all but others swear by it.

Kraggle Sat 11-Jul-15 20:22:50

Yellow metanium.

LittleBearPad Sat 11-Jul-15 20:23:50

Yellow metanium without a doubt.

Bikegirl77 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:43:08

I'd recommend Metanium too. All 3 of my children have suffered from bad nappy rash..bleeding sores in a matter of hours sad. Metanium has always worked expect when it's been infected with thrush too.

camelfinger Sat 11-Jul-15 22:45:02

Metanium as well for us. Hope it gets better soon.

BeautifulBatman Sat 11-Jul-15 22:45:32

Yellow metanium.

HeiressesGiltnor Sat 11-Jul-15 22:45:58

For cracks I used Lansino nipple cream! It worked so well, not sure how. Then once cracks healed, metamium all the way.

Combined with two nappy free days at home when it was at its worst. A loosely pinned muslin gave me enough 'warning' for poo, but I just accepted there would be a mess. It was so bad I felt I had no choice.

Miz10 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:49:07

Metanium

rach2713 Mon 13-Jul-15 00:04:20

Hey my daughter is 2 and a half and ever since she was born I used sudocrem and a pink cream from boots and her nappy rashes weren't bad until she got a uti and was rushed to hospital and the doctor gave me timaden cream and oh me is my saving grace her rash was so bad it was fire engine red but after I put that cream on it cleared and ever done then I have always used that nothing else. If I see she is getting sore I put a tiny bit on and by next change it us clear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now