Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! Motion sickness or not?

(14 Posts)
Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 20:33:10

Very quick question...
Can a child suddenly develop motion sickness?
After being ok on long car journeys for his whole life he suddenly complains of feeling sick and does sometimes vomit.
He started wearing glasses last November and the vomiting started in February....connected?
Help!
4 hour car journey tomorrow and dreading it already....

Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 20:34:00

Sorry...should also have said he was do with abdominal migraine in March.
He is on pizotifen every night but he still complains of tummy pain most days.
sad

Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 20:45:59

<pathetic bump>

MrsMoosickle Fri 10-Jul-15 22:31:51

Hell. My DD started suffering from motion sickness out of the blue. After 20 mins or so, goes quiet, changes colour etc. Moving to front seat and wearing seasickness bands seems to alleviate the situation.

I can see how a change to vision may impact, motion sickness is created by number of head nods in a journey( harsh acceleration as an example) and distorted view, reading, DVD, back seat or side views)

I feel your pain

MrsMoosickle Fri 10-Jul-15 22:32:18

Hello. Not hell.

Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 22:33:12

sad

Bapple Fri 10-Jul-15 22:38:29

My son has cyclical vomiting syndrome (similar traits to abdominal migraine but no a pain) and suffers terribly with motion sickness. It is worse when he worries about it. His motion sickness started age 3, diagnosed with CVS age 5. He sits in the front seat all the time and we stop every hour for a break. Long journeys require much planning (and panic from me). Interestingly, he got glasses last year but refuses to wear them.

CurlsLDN Fri 10-Jul-15 22:39:20

Poor ds and poor you. Unfortunately I've suffered motion sickness as far back as I can remember. Nowadays it's not as bad, but I really recommend stugeron tablets if ds hasn't tried them. They are available over the counter and make a world of difference. Ideally they should be taken a while before travelling, so pop to the chemist early if you can. They did always make me very drowsy though, but perhaps that will be a good thing on a long journey!

Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 22:42:41

Dh has been to the pharmacy and got some kwells....are stugeron better?
Am so fed up ....dreading the trip tbh

Baddz Fri 10-Jul-15 22:52:49

Hmmm..

Will have to send him back out in.the morning

AuditAngel Fri 10-Jul-15 23:06:12

We also use Stugeron. I loudly announce how amazing they are,and how they always work (they have so far) to ensure DD1 will believe in them

Baddz Sat 11-Jul-15 07:24:13

Just got some, thanks.
He is complaining of feeling sick - think it might be his abdominal migraine sad
We are going to stop off half way and get there as fast as we can.
Never had to worry about this before sad
Have got some sick bags in the car and water.
He is going to sit in the front too.

Bapple Mon 13-Jul-15 21:42:25

How was the journey Baddz?

Baddz Mon 13-Jul-15 21:49:02

It was ok thank you but he had a very nasty abdo migraine attack yesterday so back to paed when we get home sad
Thanks for asking x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now