Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds ear infection or reaction to antibiotics?

(2 Posts)
MiscellaneousAssortment Wed 08-Jul-15 15:55:35

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this latest development. And whether I should call the gp about it?

Ds has had ear pain starting sun & mon which when it's happening is acutely painful but the rest of the time he doesn't act ill at all.

Went to the gp on mon and they weren't concerned, gave me a prescription but said not to get it unless the pain didn't go away. I filled it yesterday as pain was carrying on but he still wasn't acting poorly as soon as the pain stops.

So he started antibiotics yesterday afternoon, and this avo the school called for me to get him, but when I got him. Now school are not the sort to call over anything less than a very very ill child... They said he was sleepy, floppy and they couldn't rouse him, temp 39, they were getting very worried. But within the 20 mins it took me to zoom there from work, he just bounced back and looked pale but not at all poorly!

Talking to Ds he didn't even think he was ill, just super sleepy (he didn't know about the temp), so we'd decided school panicked for no reason.

But now he's done it to me too! We were chatting snuggled up and suddenly his eyes went unfocused and he just zobked out within seconds, really quickly & he was fighting it too.

So what's going on? Anything to worry about? Just taken temp and its 36.8, so not really high...

MiscellaneousAssortment Wed 08-Jul-15 15:59:47

Sorry forgot to say he's on amoxicillin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now