Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Private paediatric Gastro

(3 Posts)
oxfordemma78 Wed 08-Jul-15 03:48:01

Hi my youngest daughter who is 8 has ehlers danlos, chronic pain and is totally incontinent, I am going to take her private to see DR Eltumi at the Portland Hospital and wondered if anyone had seen him at all?. I strongly suspect she has coeliac disease. Thanks for reading this. Emma

nether Wed 08-Jul-15 04:41:58

Can you get back to Prof Grahame and/or Dr Ninis?

SofiaAmes Wed 08-Jul-15 05:28:07

Is she seeing a pediatric geneticist? Don't they have a recommendation for a gastro who specializes in kids with ehlers danlos? My ds has mitochondrial disease and I have found that it's much more useful when he sees a specialist (for his various medical issues caused by the mitochondrial dysfunction) who is aware of the issues with mitochondrial disease and willing to consult with his pediatric geneticist.
(Has your dd had genetic testing for mitochondrial issues?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now