Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Child possibly swallowed unused tobacco filter!

(11 Posts)
kellyzach Tue 07-Jul-15 23:33:00

Hi really need advice I think my daughter may have swallowed a tobacco filter it wouldn't have been used as it she pulled the wrapper from under the sofa. She hasn't had any symptoms of poisening and it was an hour and a half ago so not sure if she did but need some advice

SurlyCue Tue 07-Jul-15 23:37:22

My son once ate two cigarettes. He was two and it was my uncle's last two in the pack before he was giving up. He wasnt best pleased. We all laughed. Proper tears, unable to breathe laughing. grin <ds was fine>

Jinglebells99 Tue 07-Jul-15 23:39:05

Call the National Health Service advice line 111

kellyzach Tue 07-Jul-15 23:39:36

I'm just worried as it says about all the poisons that can be in them scared to go to sleep ( very over worrying mum here always getting told to chill lol)

gymboywalton Tue 07-Jul-15 23:42:11

surlycue-i can't believe you think [thought] that was funny
nicotine is extremely poisonous to young children and cause seizures and all sorts

kellyzach-i would seek medical advice if i were you

SurlyCue Tue 07-Jul-15 23:42:51

Have you got the packet to see what is in them?

SurlyCue Tue 07-Jul-15 23:44:50

I know, i was very stupid in my youth. I can laugh now because he was fine. Obviously a different story if he hadnt been.

SurlyCue Tue 07-Jul-15 23:47:08

To clarify, we were laughing at my uncle's misfortune.

kellyzach Tue 07-Jul-15 23:47:24

Doesn't say anything on the pack but she hadn't been sick and is still responding in her sleep when I try wake her and breathing normally and skin looks normal

SaucyJack Tue 07-Jul-15 23:56:28

Do you mean an unused filter tip for a hand rolled cigarette? (Not the top off a tailor made fag?)

TBH I'm not sure I'd bat an eyelid at it.
Obviously not recommended for dinner wink, but no worse than a munch on a leaflet or whatevs.

I'd be very surprised if there was much toxic in an unused one.

kellyzach Wed 08-Jul-15 00:09:42

Yeah an unused filter tip I'm calmer now as been a couple of hours and she seems absolutely fine thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now