Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Child who hears voices??

(5 Posts)
njc9405 Thu 02-Jul-15 17:24:10

Hello mumsnet, do any of you have an experience of a child (under 12) hearing voices? Natasha

wheelycote Thu 02-Jul-15 17:37:29

Speak to your GP. has she recently been unwell...fever. ..etc...thinking auditory hallucinations. Has she hit her head recently etc..Is she confusing the monologue of her own internal thoughts that can run amuck
or is there more going on from a mental health point of view or medically.
Whatever the answer she needs to be checked over.
Has she said what the voices say?

Penfolds5 Thu 02-Jul-15 18:53:56

Yes I have some experience. But it's hard to comment much without knowing the circumstances... can you elaborate?

sanfairyanne Thu 02-Jul-15 19:12:27

worth a visit to gp just going off your op

bookwormish Thu 02-Jul-15 22:59:03

Yes, my dc started to about a year ago now. They come and go these days. It can be really normal for some children! It can be a form of social imagination, or a response to something that has happened to them. Can even be caused by an infection, or an injury. Please have a chat with your GP. They will want to know if the 'voice' seems to be coming from inside or outside the head & if, say, the child is aware. My DC started talking to herself often in the third person. She thought we could hear what she heard.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now