Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Eyes hurt at bedtime

(7 Posts)
whereismagic Sat 27-Jun-15 20:48:50

My reception age DS started complaining at bedtime that his eyes hurt when he closes them. We have a good routine and it's definitely not a stalling technique. He tells us but does then fall asleep so it's bothering him and it takes him some time to settle. We are seeing an optometrist next week. What might that be?

whereismagic Sun 28-Jun-15 08:20:30

Anybody?

twentyten Sun 28-Jun-15 08:28:07

Hay fever? Tiredness? Dd has been using a spray from the chemist- your cd may be too young but rinsing with water? Worth checks sight obviously.

westcountrywoman Sun 28-Jun-15 08:37:38

Could be tiredness, or has he been in the sun a lot during the day? My eyes sting when I close them at night if I've been out in the sun a lot without sunglasses on.

whereismagic Sun 28-Jun-15 09:10:33

Thank you. We will try wearing sunglasses more. He normally has a hat or cap on, I thought it's enough. I now also remembered my mum telling me to rinse eyes before bedtime. So will do that as well.

fairyelephantswellies Sun 28-Jun-15 09:22:16

It sounds like hay fever, the pollen count is really high at the minute. DS1 has hay fever and often complains of stingy, itchy eyes. You could try a dose of piriton to see if it makes a difference, and wash his eyes when he comes in from the garden

whereismagic Fri 03-Jul-15 13:26:34

Just a quick update. They've found something in DC's eye that was described as "waxy foreign body".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now