Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

shark teeth

(3 Posts)
loopyloo87 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:52:39

Hi my dad is 9 & very late losing her milk teeth so far she's lost the 2 top front and teeth either side and 2 bottom front.
However the 2 adult ones at the bottom are growing quite far back in the palate & the two in front of them aren't budging. My dentist recommended extracting the 2 milk ones but he said because the adult ones are so far back there's no guarantee they will push forward without the help of a brace later on.He said she has a small jaw so will have over crowding. A parent at the school is a dentist and he assessed her teeth & said we should wait & see if nature take its course by September ..
I just don't know what to do for the best now as I have a feeling the milk ones aren't going to budge..Anyone else been through this ?

CMOTDibbler Thu 25-Jun-15 20:58:47

My ds is also 9, and has lost teeth in all kinds of strange order, sometimes the adult teeth have come in before the milk teeth have been lost and a couple were in completely the wrong place. However, they have all sorted themselves out beautifully with no intervention.
I'd wait and see what happens.

loopyloo87 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:37:34

Thank you so much for your reassuring reply .Her teeth look like they will be all over the place Sept isn't far away..My dentist won't extract them he sends a referral to another dentist where she would have a bit of gas but the other dentist said he doesn't use gas just a cream to numb the area I'm so confused sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now