Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore bottom in 8mth old.

(5 Posts)
Sahkoora Tue 23-Jun-15 10:48:01

My 8m old DS has a very sore bum! Not really nappy rash, though I think it's to do with the fact that he has just mastered eating solids and his poo has changed from liquid to solid.

He has very broken, sore skin around his anus, so sore it bleeds when I wipe him. I have been using Sudocrem and then Bepanthen religiously at every nappy change, but then every time he poos, it gets worse again.

Any tips on how to treat him?

SweetAndFullOfGrace Tue 23-Jun-15 10:49:42

Try chamomile tea (cooled obviously), and don't use wipes until it clears up; just use clean flannels.

Ktmummy1 Tue 23-Jun-15 12:17:48

Just use bepanthen and layer it on really thick, don't rub it in. Change as soon as possible when poos. wash in plain water and apply bepanthen again thickly after. Seriously you need to slap it on, can't emphasise this enough! Works brilliantly with my two Los, but you do have to do it regularly until better.

Sahkoora Tue 23-Jun-15 12:51:55

Thanks to you both! Will ditch the wipes and stop rubbing the Bepanthen in. Will also try the chamomile tea next time I get to a shop.

Much appreciated.

OhEmGeee Tue 23-Jun-15 13:18:17

Try metanium, you only need a thin lawyer and use olive oil to clean with rather than water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now