Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

j peg

(5 Posts)
christineknox Sat 20-Jun-15 22:01:47

Hi there first time on here looking for some advice really like everyone else, I have a 4 month old son who is in hospital from birth he has a tracostmy in from two weeks old. And currently has a ng tube in because of his feed, he is being sick after feeds and nursing staff have stopped feeding him oral and putting feed down the tube constantly. Apparently I am the only one who can get him to feed orally that is what they say. He is due to get the j peg put in due to his feeds and nutrition problems. Dose anyone know more about this and if so how long is the prospects of it coming out if any.

MrsNextDoor Sun 21-Jun-15 08:10:31

Hi there...so sorry you're going through such stress....here, below is a link to the Mumsnet Tube Feeding Support Group....there are lots of very lovely and helpful posters there who will know just what you're going through and DS of course...they're so friendly and kind and also helpful and knowledegable...do go over there and tell them all about your little boy.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/1486858-Gastrostomy-tube-feeding-support-group

MrsNextDoor Sun 21-Jun-15 08:13:16

Darn I see that thread is the old one...they start new ones when the old ones fill up....if you can't see the new one, just start a thread on the SN page and ask them and one of them will link you to the new support thread.xx

christineknox Sun 21-Jun-15 20:15:16

thanks for that I will x

2old2beamum Mon 22-Jun-15 18:44:48

Hi, don't know if I can be of any use as my DS 's problems did not occur until he was 8 months old following pneumococcal meningitis.

My son now 16 has a jpeg since he was 8 years, he did have a gpeg but like your LO vomited non stop causing him great distress. The jpeg has been a godsend, the only downside is he needs feeding 24/7 and having to be ultra hygienic.

Please feel free to ask anything I am an old (very) paediatric nurse.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now