Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

trapped wind/silent reflux/cmpi/tongue tie

(1 Post)
Chlobee Sat 13-Jun-15 12:43:24

Hi,
Just after a bit of advice. My now 10 month old has not slept more than 2 hours at a time in the last 6 weeks (wakes screaming with wind/tummy pains) and I'm exhausted and at my wits end. Before his normal sleep pattern at night was fine but suddenly it all went to pot.

He gets wet sounding bubbles trapped when he breastfeeds (or has water)..If I bounce him on my lap I can hear them. Often we can get him to burp these out but not always. Even if these go his belly makes groany noises or you can hear it fizzing and popping.
He's always had wind issues but not like this.
It seems worse since he started eating more solid foods as he wasn't bothered by food much until around 9 months.
The doctor thinks he has reflux and has prescribed gaviscon...he's been on it for a couple of days but it's making no difference so far.

Could it be his tongue tie causing the trouble? He is intolerant to cows milk protein but we are both on a dairy free diet.
I hate him being in pain and I am so tired I am really struggling sad
Sorry for the long post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now