Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby sun screen

(8 Posts)
LadyCuntingtonThe3rd Mon 08-Jun-15 16:21:03

Can anyone recommend a good sun screen lotion/cream for 5 mo that would be easily absorbing, hypoallergenic, non-sticky and wouldn't leave white smeares on skin?
I bought some ambre solaire one and feel that it was waste of money.

SewSlapdash Mon 08-Jun-15 16:22:01

I've never had a problem with Boots Soltan.

bumbleymummy Mon 08-Jun-15 19:48:26

Is it suitable for babies under 6 months? Very few suncreams are. At that age I would be trying to keep them covered - parasol/hat/long sleeved light clothing and keep them in the shade.

Tomuchcake Thu 11-Jun-15 00:47:44

A 5 month old really shouldn't be exposed any sun at all.
But sunsense milk is good (Amazon and not cheap)

Tomuchcake Thu 11-Jun-15 00:48:23

Altho, do check age, if suitable for a 5 month old

Tandemitis Thu 11-Jun-15 00:53:57

I use Nivea Kids factor 50, but at that age I was keeping her completely out of the sun. I'm sure it's supposed to leave white marks when you've put enough on, til it sinks in?

Tomuchcake Thu 11-Jun-15 00:58:17

Don't over do the suncream, it easily blocks sweat glands that stop you from sweating, causing heat exhaustion

tiggy2610 Thu 11-Jun-15 01:05:37

I have the bepanthen factor 50 for DS. It does say on the tube that is suitable for babies over 6 months and DS is just 5 but we've had no problems with it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now