Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

sick 2 year old

(4 Posts)
Nafisa123 Thu 04-Jun-15 21:43:23

My daughter was sick on Saturday. She couldn't even keep an sip of water down for the following two days. I took her into hospital where first she was given a fluid challenge of 5ml of diarolyte every 5 minutes. Which she couldn't handle either so she was put on IV fluids. She seemed to have settled down and was out of hospital after a overnight stay. But today after I tried coaxing her with some weetabix she ended up being horrifically sick again. Some help plz

Pancakeflipper Fri 05-Jun-15 18:10:22

How many times has she been sick today?

Some viruses do make an unwelcome return.

I would remove dairy products from her diet for at least 10days, can irritate an upset tum.

Is she drinking? Got a temp?

purplemurple1 Fri 05-Jun-15 18:24:33

Is she keeping fluids down? We were told to give milk or diluted juice as much as ds would take when he was puking and not to worry about solids too much. Bit to try his favorite foods in small amounts to get calories in where possible.
But we hadn't been to hospital and he was having plenty of wet nappies.

BlandandInsipid Sun 07-Jun-15 20:26:09

A viral gastroenteritis can last several days. As long as she can keep down fluids (room temperature, flat lemonade is good, normal not diet or sugar free) just little sips often. Don't worry too much about food for now. She will probably lose some weight over the next week, don't panic she will put it on again.
Most children's wards operate a 48hr return policy so you can always go straight back if you are concerned. Maybe phone and have a chat with them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now