Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What does this rash look like to you ?

(6 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Wed 27-May-15 07:43:49

Are these hives ? Came up yesterday but much worse this morning - hot to the touch with some raised spots in them - all over his body now really.
Think they are itchy but DS ( aged 2) seems totally fine and slept normally.
Just trying to work out if we need a GP appt or he can go to nursery. Am tending towards the latter at the moment .. TIA

donkir Wed 27-May-15 07:52:24

Can't see the pic as on my phone but the Nhs website has a fab chart of childhood rashes to compare with.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 27-May-15 08:02:46

I can't see either but I think even if it is hives it needs to be checked out in someone so young. You could always see a pharmacist.

mrssmith79 Wed 27-May-15 08:08:03

Looks like hives (and I get them a LOT). Do you have any infant piriton?
Pharmacist sounds like your best bet, they can advise and signpost.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 27-May-15 08:12:58

mrssmith I get them too it's rubbish! I'm diabetic and I even get them where I do my injections confused also get the massive lip swellings snd tongue so have an epi pen just in case.

Liveinthepresent Wed 27-May-15 10:21:37

Thanks all. He has gone to nursery with a cooling gel they can use if he seems itchy and they will call me if they think he needs piriton. It really wasn't bothering him but I feel a bit guilty reading some of these replies! I looked at the NHS pics so am pretty sure it was hives. Will see how he is at lunchtime and maybe go home via pharmacy if no better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now