Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Poo really dark green on 1 side

(1 Post)
Mmcgar Sun 24-May-15 18:35:56

Hi all
Another health question. My DD (just under 2) has been ill 1 way or another for over 3 months now (persistent cough, very, very bad nappy rash as well as a few other things) now when she poos it seems quite hard and more worryingly 1 side of it seems to be very very dark green, iv never seen this before. I have been working away recently so not exactly sure how long it's been going on for but it's happened the last couple of days in a row and I'm not sure if I should be worried about this? She seems ok enough but iv noticed she is quite flatulent.
I don't want to keep bothering my gp, when she was born she was really constipated for the 1st few months where she would only poo around once a week. This settled down after a few months, I have noticed that her poos can be quite pellet like sometimes which iv read is a sign of dehydration however iv never met a child that drinks (and pees!) as much as mine so I wouldn't think it's that. Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this in the past and knows why it could be happening

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now