Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Brown drips of water when dd1(4) poos

(8 Posts)
mandmsmummy Sat 23-May-15 08:00:37

Is this just wee mixed with poo? Sometimes it's on her bum cheek sometimes the bowl.
Had a few issues with blood in poo which our consultant isn't concerned about.
Worry about these things x

ppeatfruit Sat 23-May-15 14:55:22

Does she have pains before going? Can she control it? It sounds strange that the medic was n't concerned. How is her diet, does she eat a lot of wheat based foods?

mandmsmummy Sun 24-May-15 02:11:28

Yes she can control it. She gets tummy ache sometimes. Why would he be concerned? Yes she eats a lot of wheat based things x

mandmsmummy Sun 24-May-15 08:49:04

Should have said consultant wasn't concerned as her blood tests were ok and inflammation levels in her poo were ok too. Blood in her poo has only have 3 times over the last year and she is otherwise healthy xx

ppeatfruit Sun 24-May-15 09:48:06

I get bad const. when eating wheat esp. wholewheat (see book Wheat Belly by William davis M.D. ) he blames wheat for a lot of bad health.

ppeatfruit Sun 24-May-15 09:52:47

You can get ryvitas and pure rye bread from Waitrose and Sainsbos. You do have to check the labels though. I would be careful with her wheat intake because you don't want her getting worse.

mandmsmummy Sun 24-May-15 10:33:27

I've wondered about a wheat intolerance? Might go back for a test. She also has eczema and joint pain sometimes which I've read can be a symptom x

ppeatfruit Sun 24-May-15 16:22:19

Well the tests dn't nec. show up things like that, you have to be very ill before they do show up coeliac, just see how she is when you stop wheat. Some people are intolerant to gluten, I think they only test for that IYSWIM. Orange juice and tomatoes can cause eczema and joint pain, try her with pineapple and or grapefruit\ grape juice and lots of green salads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now