Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd age 9, Constant need to wee, sugar in urine, no infection, not diabetes, any ideas?

(3 Posts)
MrsLego Thu 14-May-15 12:45:52

For the last three weeks dd2 has constantly been needing to go to the toilet, she usually has a strong bladder so is quite noticeable especially at school. She was first given anti-biopics for uti, but three urine samples say no infection. Sugar has been found in her urine, but both finger prick and fasting bloods were normal. She is not drinking much and appears to have lost a few pounds. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.

nocoolnamesleft Thu 14-May-15 21:32:31

Has she had a glucose tolerance test? Has she seen an actual paediatrician or just your GP? If she hasn't ask your GP to ring your local hospital for advice, because if she has glucose in her urine I bet they'd be wanting to check her over properly themselves.

MrsLego Fri 15-May-15 14:08:06

No, she hasn't had a glucose tolerance test and we've only seen the GP so far. I'm going to speak to GP again and get her referred to a paediatrician I think. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now