Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Going to nursery / D&V question

(6 Posts)
hedgehogsdontbite Tue 12-May-15 18:43:33

I know there's a compulsory quarantine period for D&V (24 hrs here). My question is, is that just for D&V or does it include D on it's own? And if it does mean on its own too, how do I tell the difference between D and just a pooplosion? Or do I just keep him off tomorrow anyway, just in case?

hedgehogsdontbite Tue 12-May-15 18:45:02

DS has just turned 2 and is feeling fine and eating and drinking normally, but has had a couple of very messy nappies today.

HoggleHoggle Tue 12-May-15 18:49:51

I think if it's more than just one messy nappy I would keep him off tomorrow. That would say to me that there's very possibly something going on.

I treat D&V on their own the same as I would both together, ie I would take appearance of either as a sign of some sort of bug.

The exclusion period out nursery has is 48 hours.

MadameJosephine Tue 12-May-15 18:56:08

Sorry cant help but can sympathise an am interested to see replies, DD has had 1 or 2 horrible runny nappies a day for a week while we've been on holiday and is due back at nursery on Thursday. Fairly sure it's nothing infectious as nobody else in the family has any symptoms and, like your DS, she is totally fine in herself

Nolim Tue 12-May-15 19:06:01

In my nursery three very loose napies cause a 48 hours exclusion period.

hedgehogsdontbite Tue 12-May-15 19:14:59

I'm pretty sure it's 24 hrs here. Not that it matters on this occasion. DH is going to work from home tomorrow, Thursday is a public holiday and Friday is a 'can't be arsed to come in for 1 day' day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now