Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could I have passed thyroid disease to DC?

(3 Posts)
MoreSnowPlease Sat 14-Feb-15 21:56:43

I was diagnosed with a very overactive thyroid 4 months after having dc2 and think I've had an underactive thyroid my whole life. But each time after having DC it has gone over active.

I am worried that I have passed it on to both DC, they are different to other babies and kids and have symptoms similar to mine while over active.

They are both constantly moving, cannot be still, wake very frequently at night, prone to emotional outbursts, really far ahead developmentally because of being so active all the time and it seems unable to switch brains off, ds1 poos very frequently (5 times today all big poos). Everything seems to be on overdrive and now that I realise what was happening to me when I had similar symptoms I worry that I had it in pregnancy and somehow passed it on?

Tanaqui Sun 15-Feb-15 08:00:12

You didn't pass it to them like that, but it can run in families, so get it checked out. But don't worry I the mean time, lots of kids are permanently "on".

MoreSnowPlease Wed 18-Feb-15 20:51:57

Thanks for your reply, I will take them to get it checked out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: